Talk about maximum taste with minimal effort! This coconut rice pudding is the perfect light dessert on a warm, sunny day. With just five ingredients and five steps, there's no reason not to try it!
Thai Coconut Rice Pudding with MangosIngredients
- 1 can coconut milk (unsweetened, can use reduced fat if desired)
- 2 cups skim milk (or whole milk if preferred)
- 1 1/2 cup jasmine or basmati rice
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 mango, sliced in strips
- Combine the coconut milk and skim milk in a saucepan and bring just barely to a boil
- Add the rice, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for approximately 25 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed and stirring often
- Remove from heat and stir the sugar into the thickened rice, then set aside to cool
- Put the rice into a container with a lid and place in the refrigerator to cool 3-4 hours
- When the rice is cool, place it on a serving dish and present the sliced mangos next to the rice, then serve.