Ladies and gentlemen, I think I have finally found the way to your hearts...and stomachs! The only reason I can think of why you would not love this recipe is if you hate chocolate or are cheese intolerant. Otherwise, I strongly urge you to make this cannoli dip! Here's the best part: you can freeze it! Or put it in the refrigerator until the next day to keep the sweet deliciousness going for two days in a row! Here's another great thing: it requires no baking. If you are a cook that cringes at the thought of baking, well if you can throw a bunch of ingredients into a bowl and use an electric mixer to beat it, then you can do this. Oh, and this is perfect to bring to a party!
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup marscapone cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz. (half bag) mini chocolate chips
- Throw everything into a bowl except the chocolate chips.
- Using a hand held electric mixer or stand mixer, whip the ingredients together until it starts to get to a stiff peak stage. For those not familiar with the term, turn off the mixer, then dip a spatula in the mixture and pull it straight out, vertically. If the peak of the mixture holds its shape, you're done.
- Pour the chocolate chips on top of the mixture, then with a spatula, gently fold the chips in.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with a variety of cookies: short bread, graham crackers, waffle cone chips, chocolate wafers, etc. If it's just you eating it, spoons and fingers also work!