Salted Caramel Peanut Nougat Chews
(option: dip bottom in chocolate)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup crushed pretzels
- 7 oz Marshmallow Creme or Fluff
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 14 oz unwrapped caramels
- 3 Tbsp milk
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl cream butter and brown sugar together until combined. Add in egg yolks and vanilla and continue beating until incorporated. Scraping sides as needed.
- Add in baking soda, flour and pretzels and combine on low speed then gradually increase the speed to medium-high.
- Press the dough into prepared pan and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden.
- While the crust is baking, combine marshmallow creme and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat on full power for 45 seconds, stirring to combine. If needed continue heating in 15 second increments until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar.
- When crust is done, spread marshmallow mixture carefully on top. Then sprinkle evenly with peanuts. Set aside.
- Combine caramels and milk in a medium saucepan over medium low heat and heat until caramels are melted, stirring frequently.
- Pour melted caramel over the top of the peanuts.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Easily lift foil out of pan and cut.
- Optional: Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips slowly in the microwave and dip the bottom of the squares in the chocolate. Place on wax paper to cool/dry.