One last St. Patrick's Day themed goodie, and it's a simple one too. Have you ever thought of bringing the "luck o' the Irish" to a pizza? I saw this post from Skinny Mom, and knew immediately I wanted my own shamrock pizza. Hey, I'm part Irish and part Italian, so this basically a food version of me! Like the Skinny Mom website promotes, I attempted to create a healthier version of pizza for St. Paddy (though the only thing healthier about this pizza is the whole wheat dough, and my taste buds were seriously disappointed by that choice, preferring regular pizza dough).
- Trader Joe's Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- Trader Joe's Pizza Sauce
- Trader Joe's Quattro Formaggi cheese blend in a bag
- Baby spinach
1. Take the dough out of the refrigerator and let it rest at room temperature for 20 minutes
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
3. On a well floured surface, roll out the pizza dough into a 12" diameter circle
4. Lightly oil a cookie sheet with cooking spray or use a pizza stone to place the dough circle for cooking
5. Spread pizza sauce on the dough, cover with cheese, and make little shamrocks out of spinach leaves on top of the cheese
6. Bake 6-8 minutes until the cheese is bubbling
7. Cut and serve